Website Analytics is the process by which data about the visitors to your website is evaluated and analyzed in order to help you make informed business decisions. By examining website analytics data, we are able to gather information and answer questions such as:
- How many new visitors came to your website during a certain time period (e.g. during the last month)?
- How many returning visitors came to your website?
- Where did the visitors come from (city/state)?
- What other websites sent the most visitors to your website?
- What are the most popular pages on your website?
- What page(s) on your site do people spend the most time browsing? and the least time browsing?
- What are the most popular pages on your website? and which are the least popular?
- What is the first page the majority of people see when they visit your site (hint: it man not always be the home page!)? What is the page that people leave the site from the most?
The above list is by no means exhaustive, but it gives you an idea of the wealth of information that can be learned from your website data. With this actionable information in mind, you can make important changes to your website that are based on actual data. Imagine if you knew which pages on your website were not doing well — then you could focus on improving these pages. Similarly, if you could tell that a certain website was bringing a lot of quality traffic to your website, it might make sense to increase your adverting budget for ads on this site.
Website Analytics Reporting is included with all of our SEO packages. As we understand that individual clients and individual websites have unique analytics needs, we will work with you to find the level of analytics reporting that makes sense for you and your business.