|I want to keep you up-to-date about an important change that's happening with Google Search. Google has rolled out one of the biggest updates since the Panda Update in 2011, and it has the potential to have a huge impact on how your website ranks in search engine listings. The update is called the Helpful Content Update, and the goal of this algorithm change is to demote low-quality content in search results.|
|There is an opportunity here|
|Google is looking to promote websites that offer high-quality content -- content that's authoritative, helpful, and grammatically correct. If you already have a content-rich website that brings in new patients, you're off to a great start; you should take this algorithm update as an opportunity to keep up the good work and add more content. But, if you don't have this type of high-quality content on your website - the kind that Google wants to see -- that's ok, too. It only means that it's finally time to start writing.|
|Now is the time to start an SEO campaign|
| Starting an SEO campaign will help you in two key ways as it relates to Google's Helpful Content update:|
(1) You'll discover what topics your audience is interested in so you know WHAT content to write
2) You'll produce the long-form content that aligns with these interests If you are curious about SEO, take a look at our SEO Sprints program. It's a unique done-for-you SEO solution where YOU choose how much or how little SEO we do.
1. We first do a Strategy Sprint to ensure that your website is technically sound for SEO and that your analytics and Google Search Console tracking is setup correctly. We evaluate what content on your website is working (ranking well and generating traffic) and perform a keyword gap analysis to see what keyword opportunities you might be missing out on vs. your competitors.
2. The Content Sprint is next, and we look to improve your website's rankings by first working with your existing content (existing content can be ranked in Google Search more quickly than new content) and then by creating new content based upon the data from our Strategy Sprint.
3. If necessary, we then execute a Links Sprint where we purchase links from reputable, reviewed sources to help give your website an extra boost. Ultimately our goal is to focus on the 80/20 rule, where we execute only the services you need that will give you best bang for your buck. Visit our SEO Sprints page to see answers to common questions about the process, or book a call today to learn more. If you have any questions about this Google update or anything else related to your website, please don't hesitate to reach out.